The International Programs office of CEDEI offers Spanish classes which are teaching by native qualified Spanish speakers with years of experience in the field of education.
This Center has different individual programs which can be adapted to the necessities and demands of students, as the following.
- Full Immersion Spanish Program (FISP): This is a full language immersion program that offers four hours of daily Spanish classes for 2 or 4 weeks. This is a complete program with extracurricular dance, cooking and ceramics classes. They also do cultural excursions on the weekends and live with Cuencan host families.
- Spanish Immersion Volunteer Program (SIVP): The students of this program study Spanish while they work on volunteer projects with various institutions in Cuenca. Due to the fact that this program requires volunteer hours outside of CEDEI, the students only have one extracurricular class, which is dance class. Like the students in FISP, the students of SIVP stay with a host family while they are in Cuenca.
- Spanish Tutorials: These tutorials are one on one personalized Spanish classes. In this case it is optional to: stay with a host family, take extracurricular classes, and participate in the cultural excursions.
- Micro-Internship and Internship: This is a program of internships in which the students do various activities in Cuencan institutions. These institutions are chosen based on the interests and needs of the students.
- Medical Spanish in Ecuador: In this program students have two weeks Spanish instruction on medical grammar, vocabulary and interpreting. All of this is complemented by visits to various health centers and hospitals. They also receive lectures on natural medicine and public health.
Copyright © 2017 - Center for Interamerican Studies